Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Introduction

First of all, I want to thank you for visiting this blog and taking the time to look around a little.  Second of all, I would like to make it clear that I am most definitely not an expert when it comes to Grindhouse/Exploitation films.  In fact, I’m not an expert when it comes to any genre of film.  The only education I have in film studies is a three credit course that I took in college because it was the easiest way to fulfill the fine arts requirement of my useless liberal arts degree.   I simply watch these movies because I like them so please don't be too critical of my "reviews."  I have likely seen hundreds of Grindhouse films over the years but there are still hundreds that I have yet to see, and this little blog gives me the opportunity to share these cinematic gems with you as I discover them.  I plan to revisit some of the films that I fancy and some that, like a retarded  kid dancing by himself, are so confusing, unsettling and simultaneously boring and enthralling that I can’t help but also admire...  It's still entertaining.  But most of all, I wish to explore the many other strange, obscure and underappreciated films of the Pinky Violence, Giallo, Italian Horror, Chambara and Canuxploitation genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...