Friday, January 20, 2012

Quentin Tarantino Lists His Favorite Films of 2011, Likes Feet

The Golden Globes are over and The Oscars are about a month away, so earlier this week the Quentin Tarantino Archives released a list of the director's 12 favorite films of 2011.  There were only supposed to be 11 but there was a tie, it seems.  Anyway, I'm sure most have already seen this but I'm using it as an excuse to post this gif.  Hypnotic isn't it?

Photobucket

Quentin Tarantino’s official Top 11 of 2011
1. Midnight in Paris
2. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
3. Moneyball
4. The Skin I Live In
5. X-Men: First Class
6. Young Adult
7. Attack the Block
8. Red State
9. Warrior
10. The Artist / Our Idiot Brother (tie)
11. The Three Musketeers

Others he liked (no particular order)
50/50
Beginners
Hugo
The Iron Lady
Carnage
Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Captain America
The Descendants
My Week With Marilyn
Fast Five
The Tree of Life
The Hangover Part II
Mission Impossible 4
The Beaver
Contagion
The Sitter
War Horse

I have to be honest.  I haven't seen a single movie on this list so I can't really comment on his choices.  I'm sure he knows what he's talking about though, because cocaine heightens the senses.

Visit the Quentin Tarantino Archives to see the rest of the list including his least favorite films of 2011.  In years past he also provided lists of his all-time favorite Spaghetti Westerns and exploitation films, so check those out along with updates on his current project Django Unchained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...