Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Difference Between Vampire Movies from the 70s and 80s

I think I've noticed some subtle differences between vampire movies from the 1970s and 1980s.  As a comparison, I'm posting a video from one of my favorite Hammer Horror vampire movies from the 1970s, Twins of Evil (because Peter Cushing's performance is outstanding and the Collinson twins are so goddamn hot), and also one from Joel Shumacher's The Lost Boys (1987).  So let me know if these differences are really there or if I'm just imagining things.

If you'd like, you can even watch Twins of Evil at the YouTube Grindhouse Theatre; a new feature here on Beasts in Human Skin where you can see exploitation and cult films in their entirety for free because somebody said, "Hey!  Fuck you copyright restrictions!" and posted them on YouTube.  I'll continue to add new ones as I find them.




 First, here's Twins of Evil (1971):



And now The Lost Boys (1987):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...