Monday, March 12, 2012

Help Bill Oberst Jr. Get His Insect Thumb Sucked in COYOTE

I'm pretty damn excited about an upcoming micro-budget horror film from writer/director Trevor Juenger called Coyote.  It stars creepy nice-guy Bill Oberst Jr. as an insomniac who loses his grip on reality and descends into a sleep-deprived and, in my opinion, awesome world of hallucinations, paranoia, ultra-violence and thumb sucking dog-women.  And then his VHS camcorder turns into a vagina.  I shit you not.  From Oberst:
[Coyote] does indeed contain a scene in which a naked chick on all fours sucks on my thumb. In fact, she goes all canine on me, growling and ripping off my thumb in her teeth. It's replaced by an insect thumb. Later a nude woman leads me through the woods and dives into a lake, inviting me to join her. I do but it's not a good idea. All of this happens before my VHS camcorder turns into a vagina.
See, I told you so.  Now if this doesn't sound like my type of movie I don't know what does.  It sounds bizarre, disturbing, beautifully horrific, full of boobies and it has a great lead actor and a talented, imaginative writer/director at the helm.  But what it doesn't have is a lot of money for basic production necessities and this is where we horror/exploitation movie fans come in.


Everyone involved is working for the love of independent horror and zero dollars, but $4000 is needed to cover the costs of special effects, location fees, makeup, animal handlers, transportation expenses and sustenance for the cast and crew, and they're still about $1000 short.  Every dollar will help but the perks start at donations of $5 or more.  For $500 you could even get Bill's shiny red typewriter!

So head on over to www.indiegogo.com/coyote to help some talented independent filmmakers make a truly unique and interesting film that could never come out of the repetitive, uninspired Hollywood film factory.  Help support the guys and gals who donate their time and energy for free just because they love making the independent horror films that we love to watch.  Ring those phones!  I mean... click those mice and tap those tablets!  Or whatever the kids do these days.

Just watch Bill read a little from the script and see how awesome this movie is going to be.


More details can be found at the Coyote Production Blog or at Bill Oberst Jr.'s website.

This film deserves to be made, dammit!  Go to IndieGoGo to donate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...