Friday, October 5, 2012

Blood, Babes and Bill Oberst Jr.


The three seem to go together pretty damn well.

These are some test photos for Lord Bateman, a film concept about "a man who gives in to his depraved side and becomes a demon for his troubles" according to horror thespian Bill Oberst Jr., or more specifically it's about an aristocrat in 16th century Europe who struggles with the duality of the sophisticated, and kind aspect of himself and the seduction of the brutal, sinful and demonic which lurks within; kind of like Dr. Jekyll and a nightmarish, charred and blood-smeared demon as Mr. Hyde.

Lord Bateman is in the pre-development stage and this photo shoot was designed capture the delightfully hellish tone of this potential project, and while only a few of the pictures have been released so far, the good news is that the entire set will be released on Halloween.

"I shaved my body, worked out like a bastard for a month, got a 4-hour paint job, drooled food coloring and covered myself in hot slimy ooze for this one little test shoot. I’m still stained red in places and I’m bruised and sore but I’ll do all that again, and more, if we get it into production as a feature. I love horror! I’ll do anything it takes to make fans happy. My goal is entertain people by scaring the hell out of them. I think that’s a noble goal, don’t you?” says Bill via HorrorBug

And I do love Bill, but there are two more attractive reasons to take delight in these photographs.  Juxtaposed to the horrific, slick and sinewy red demon of Mr. Oberst are two lovely young ladies who obviously also do a lot of crunches.  Sorry Bill, I'd rather look at them than your shaved, red ass.

Mr. Oberst has informed me that photographer Ed Thomas wanted a "1950's female victim look" for models Alice Orozco and Anna Christina Pullig and I think it was effective.  Sure, they still have clothes on but what are you gonna do?  More photos from the session can be found on their Facebook pages and more information about Bill and his filmography can be found on IMDb.  I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos on Halloween.

Bill Oberst Jr. uses his Sith powers to choke out the photographer for staring at his junk.  Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...