Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lincoln vs. Lincoln. Vampire Hunter or Zombie Slayer?

The trailer for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter came out recently but I didn't mention anything about it because it looks like shit, and also because the idea of Hollywood producing a kitschy grindhouse homage to capitalize on the popularity of vampire movies doesn't blow my skirt up.  Not that I wear a skirt.  Is a hakama considered a skirt?

Anyway, another Abraham Lincoln movie is coming out and this one does have my attention.  The guys over at The Asylum really racked their brains to come up with a name for what is certain to be a cinematic masterpiece and settled on Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies.  Well, it does have Abraham Lincoln and he does fight zombies so I guess that's a pretty good title, after all.  And I like the fact that it's a true low budget horror film and I also like the fact that Abraham Lincoln is played by Bill Oberst Jr.. 

I know that in the past Oberst has played historical figures like JFK, Mark Twain and even Jesus Christ but I'm only familiar with his roles in exploitation and horror films in which he plays the creepiest mofos you can possibly imagine.  So, I'm curious to see how he combines the two and plays a historical figure in a horror movie.  I also have it in writing that Mr. Oberst loves Beasts in Human Skin so I'm not too embarrassed to admit that I have bit of a man-crush on him.  Him and Norm Abram. If you're not sure who Bill Oberst Jr. is, this is him...


According to Oberst via Planet Fury, Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies isn't just a film for fans of low-budget zombie movies, it's also a film for history buffs - alternate history buffs anyway.

While the Civil War rages on, President Abraham Lincoln must undertake an even more daunting task; Destroying the Confederate Undead. "I think horror fans are a lot smarter than we are generally given credit for," says the actor. "Zombie fans will love it, of course, but so will those into alternate history, a big interest of mine; while battling the zombie scourge Lincoln encounters General Stonewall Jackson (Don McGraw), his old love Mary Owens (Baby Norman) and a young Teddy Roosevelt (Canon Kuipers) and every one of them is presented as they were in history. It's like an unknown chapter in a very kick-ass history book."

Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies is scheduled to be released on May 29.  There isn't a trailer out yet but there is this nifty looking picture of Oberst as President Lincoln.



Or if you just want to see a butt naked Bill Oberst Jr. punching a chick in the face, check him out in Nude Nuns with Big Guns.

Nude Nuns with Big Guns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...