Friday, April 29, 2011

Razorback (1984): Nine Hundred Pounds of Marauding Tusk and Muscle!

Razorback
I had no idea what to expect from Razorback but after only the first couple of minutes, my panties were wet with the moisture of awesomeness. (I don't know what that means.) It has one of the best opening scenes I have ever seen in any movie.  I want to describe it but I cannot do it justice.  Unfortunately, the rest of the movie failed to sustain this lubricating effect and ultimately, my panties dried up. 

A kangaroo hunter is attacked in the night by a giant boar.  It takes his grandson and destroys his home and the old man is left with nothing but his fixation on revenge.  Several years later an American animal rights journalist travels to the Outback to report on the use of poached wild animals as ingredients in pet food.  The locals don't like her snooping around so a couple of deranged brothers run her car off one of the back roads, smack her around and just as one of them is loosening his trousers for a little bit of fun, the giant razorback appears.  The men flee the scene but the boar eats the American woman before she is able to escape.

And so, the journalist's Canadian husband travels to Australia to try to find out what happened to her.  He learns about the razorback and teams up with the old kangaroo hunter to destroy the beast.

"Yes, I understand about the beer... but how do men 'chunder'?"
Razorback is a really good movie if you like campy (some might say crappy) movies like I do.  My main problem with it is the ending.  Like many movies from the '80s, the end fight scene just dragged on for too damn long.  I just wanted the thing to end but it wouldn't and by the time that it finally did, I had tuned out.  Still, Razorback is definitely worth watching.  It's way better than I thought it would be.

Disclaimer:  I don't actually wear panties...  or do I?  No, I don't.

Violence Rating:  3 out of 5
Booby Rating:  1 out of 5

Well hell!  I just found the opening scene on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...