Thursday, February 17, 2011

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin: The Kung Fu Classic That Started It All!

A couple of days ago I served up a tepid slice of grindhouse crap called The Forest and tempted you to take a bite.  I apologize.  To make it up to you, today I'm recommending a Kung-Fu classic called The 36th Chamber of Shaolin or Master Killer starring a very young Gordon Liu who you might remember as the bearded Chinese martial arts master and xenophobic meanie, Pai Mei, in Kill Bill: Vol. 2.  He also played Johnny Mo in Kill Bill: Vol. 1.  The 36th Chamber was really the first martial arts movie that I saw apart from The Karate Kid, Part II - now I have that damn Peter Cetera song in my head - and it made me a fan of the genre.

Anyways, if you haven't seen this film yet I highly recommend that you do.  It is indeed a classic.  Below is the trailer and the opening scene of The 36th Chamber of Shaolin.

"We did it all for the glory of love..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...