Monday, March 21, 2011

In with the Old.

I learned a few things during Hammer Horror Week.  Sure, I watched some new films and learned some spiffy new facts about these movies but I also learned a few things about the readers of this blog.  The Angry Lurker has seen every Hammer film ever made.  Ever.  And Chris from Simply Scotches wants to see the booby rating in every review. 

Previously I had been posting two types of reviews.  One was a short feature of a film describing whether it was good or had to be seen while inebriated to get the full experience.  I included the trailer and poster art but those were not really reviews at all.  The second type were longer with lots of screencaps and a movie summary with a handy violence and booby rating system.  During Hammer Horror Week I combined the two.  The reviews were longer with a screenshot or two and the trailer and poster art included.  This is now the format that I'm going to use for every review but I'm going to add the booby and violence/gore rating, as well.  Basically, look for the booby and violence rating in every review from now on.

Also if you guessed The Devil Rides Out as the answer for the mystery screenshot the other day,  you are correct!  I would also accept The Devil's Bride as that's how North American audiences would know it.  The Devil Rides Out sounded too much like a western so the name was changed.

I'll be back tomorrow with some Chuck Norris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...