Friday, February 11, 2011

The Thing: Man is the Warmest Place to Hide

Sometimes I recommend grindhouse movies because they are so bizarre,  over the top, or campy that it makes them entertaining.  John Carpenter's The Thing is none of these.  It's just a damn good movie, grindhouse or not.  It's suspenseful, well acted and has buckets of gore. I initially came across it one night whilst half asleep and mindlessly flipping through channels and once I started, I had to stay up and watch the whole thing.   Unfortunately, because the entire cast is male, there are no boobies in the film but the blood and gore more than makes up for it.  If for no other reason, watch it for Kurt Russell's hat.

This is one of my most favoritest movies ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...