Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Alucarda and the Thrill Kill Kult

Have you ever been listening to a song and you hear a sample of movie dialogue and you say to yourself, "Hey!  I know what movie that line is from!  I'm the smartest person who has ever lived!"  Well, this rarely happens to me.  Usually it's the other way around.  I'll be watching a movie and hear some dialogue and think, "I've heard this in a song before!  I'm the smartest person who has ever lived!"

Rob Zombie is a well known example of someone who often uses dialogue from classic horror and exploitation films in his songs, and I guess sometimes he also uses Diane Sawyer interviews.  I remember watching one such interview on TV about the Manson Family and their murderous rampage, and Patricia Krenwinkle was talking about her participation in the slaying of Sharon Tate when she nonchalantly commented, "Yeah I remember her saying 'I'm already dead.' " which is the intro to White Zombie's "Real Solution #9", and I almost spit out my malt liquor because it was so unexpected.

My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult is another band that samples lot of dialogue from obscure cult and exploitation movies and places it strategically in their music, and one of those movies is the demented Mexican horror AlucardaYou can see the original dialogue in the first video and then what My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult did with it in the second.



And here's "A Daisy Chain 4 Satan" just because I think it's a great song and video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...