Sunday, February 6, 2011

Off Topic #2: The Steelers

The ruggedly handsome Mr. Jack Lambert
I grew up in Western Pennsylvania so I've been a Steelers fan since I was old enough to know what football is.  It wasn't until I became an adult that I finally got to see the Steelers win the Vince Lombardi trophy in 2005 and then again in 2008.  In my childhood I was regaled with tales of the legendary 1970s Steelers defense which helped win the team four Super Bowls and establish a football dynasty, and I always wished I had been alive to see those legends in action.  Here's a video of one of those titans of yore, Jack Lambert, who embodies the tenacity and grittiness of those 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers.

I don't think the Steelers are going to win today but I hope I'm wrong. I also hope that everybody has an enjoyable Super Bowl Sunday.  Any predictions?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...