Thursday, February 24, 2011

Knightriders: I'm Fighting the Dragon!

Instead of featuring one of George A. Romero's zombie classics, I thought I'd give you my opinion of one of his lesser known films, Knightriders.  From the looks of the poster art it seems that this is another cheesy movie to watch only for it's comedic value.  But no my friends, this is an outstanding film.  I first saw this piece of grindhouse gold during an extended movie marathon with a friend of mine.  It was already after midnight and I was tired and ready to go home but my friend convinced me to put Knightriders on for a little bit just to see how bad it is.  I stayed until the movie was over.  This film draws you in because it tells a unique and interesting story and makes you genuinely feel for the characters.  A young Ed Harris shows off his acting chops, Tom Savini gets to be in front of the camera instead of doing his usual make-up and special effects and there is even a cameo by Stephen King.

Sure it looks silly, but it's worth checking out.  It's another one of my grindhouse favorites.


*YOU CAN READ THE FULL REVIEW HERE*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...